Do you feel self-conscious about the size or shape of your breasts? You may want to consider breast augmentation. This surgery is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures performed today. Breast implants have helped countless women achieve the confidence they desire.
Your breast augmentation procedure will be a comfortable, safe and rewarding experience from start to finish. Beginning with a consultation in our office in the Gulch, Nashville. Dr. Ramirez Gavidia’s primary goal is for each of his patients to have their new breasts looking as natural as possible. He continues to evolve his techniques to achieve the best results and uses the ideal implants suitable for your augmentation.
What is Breast Augmentation Surgery?
Over time, a woman’s breasts can naturally become less full and perky. These changes can be attributed to a number of different causes, including genetics, natural aging, weight fluctuations, and childbirth. Many women are born with small or uneven breasts that leave them feeling self-conscious and less feminine. Fortunately, breast augmentation is a safe surgical procedure that can help correct these cosmetic issues and leave women looking and feeling their best. Having perfomed thouthands of surgies Dr. Ramirez Gavidia has achive an inpecable artistic eye to achive beatiful and natural results.
Breast augmentation surgery utilizes breast implants and fat transfer techniques to improve both breast volume and symmetry. It can also be used to enhance the appearance and placement of the areola and nipples, providing patients with comprehensive, natural-looking breast correction.
What are the benefits of Breast Augmentation?
One of the top cosmetic concerns in Nashville is discontent with breast size, shape, and volume. And when you don’t feel comfortable in your own body, it can make it difficult to feel comfortable wearing certain styles of clothing or exposing your body at the beach.
The main advantage of breast augmentation is an improved appearance of your breasts. The appearance benefits can go far beyond just making the breast larger. Whether you are seeing sagging due to aging, pregnancy, the effects of weight fluctuations or genetics, breast augmentation may be your solution to a more balanced figure.
Breast augmentation is not right for every woman, but if you feel your breasts are too small, are not the right shape, or don’t give you the look you want, it might be right for you. Choosing the right surgeon is the best way for you to achieve the results you seek.
Am I a good candidate for Breast Augmentation?
As this is a personal procedure, it is important that you are doing it for yourself and not for someone else. The best candidates should be in excellent physical and psychological health, yet unsatisfied with the appearance of their fully developed breasts. Patients may decide to go through breast augmentation for different reasons, including unequal breast size, genetic deformities, or a general unhappiness with the volume, size, and shape of their breasts. If you are considering a breast augmentation, having realistic expectations is also important.
Before undergoing a breast augmentation, interested patients must first schedule a consultation appointment with Dr. Ramirez Gavidia. During this appointment, Dr. Ramirez Gavidia will examine the patient’s breasts, discuss cosmetic goals and medical history, and use this information to decide if a breast augmentation is right for the patient.
How is my consultation going to be?
Your breast augmentation consultation will be the first step in making the decision to enhance your body. Since this is a very personal decision, Dr. Ramírez Gavidia and the staff at RG Plastic Surgery will provide a comforting environment, where all of your concerns and questions will be discussed. During your consultation, Dr. Ramírez Gavidia will go over the options you have for breast augmentation, including implant placement options, types of implants, incision locations, and size. At this appointment Dr. Ramírez Gavidia will explain other procedures that may be necessary for your cosmetic goals. For example, a breast augmentation is often paired with a breast lift to correct issues related to sagging. Dr. Ramirez Gavidia will be able to let you know if this combination of breast augmentation and lift is the right approach to renew the look of your breasts.
During your consultation, your medical history will be reviewed to ensure that you don’t have any health conditions that may increase your risk of complications from surgery. You will be asked about any family history of breast cancer and the result of any recent mammograms and biopsies.
What makes a Breast Augmentation at RG Plastic Surgery different?
Our commitment to the highest standards and practices sets RG Plastic Surgery apart. The safest breast augmentation process possible is always our goal. These proven methods have revolutionized breast augmentation.
- Patient education is essential: Patients having a good understanding of the entire process, from realistic expectations to recovery, implant options, limitations, short and long term consequences, complications, and re-operation possibilities.
- Patient goals: Communication of surgery motivations, desired final look, and impact of future pregnancies.
- Thorough physical exam: 100% of women have breast asymmetry and this must be accounted for to attain superior results. Chest wall asymmetry must also be observed. The exam takes note of tissue quality, stretch marks, and essential breast measurements
- Tissue-based preoperative planning: Adhering to the physical template of your unique body measurements ensures a natural outcome and results in less tissue distortion, complications, and re-operation. Measurements and dimensions respect natural boundaries and determine optimal fill volume as well as an implant that “fits” the breast.
- Refined, precise surgical techniques for quick recovery starts with Dr. Ramirez Gavidia, a qualified board certified plastic surgeon. Preoperative markings determine the incision placement Dr. Ramirez Gavidia most often uses an inframammary incision, because it offers the most control, ability to manipulate and set IMF, and statistically has the least amount of complications, trauma, and contamination.
- Minimizing risks in the operating room: Preparation of the surgical pocket and irrigation is an essential step utilizing antimicrobial and antibiotic preparations that lowers the risk of biofilms further lowering the rate of capsular contracture.
- Use of Keller Funnel: This cone-shaped device is made of nylon with a hydrophilic coating inside the funnel which becomes extremely slippery when submerged in a saline or sterile solution. It looks like a piping bag in design, but utilizing it creates easier insertion of silicone implants and allows for smaller incisions. Most importantly it leads to decreased contact with the “no-touch” delivery technique. The less contact with the sterile implant and use of the Keller Funnel results in an 87% lower rate of capsular contracture.
Utilizing the practices listed ensures the best patient experience and results in maintaining the safest outcomes.
What are the risks involved in a Breast Augmentation?
Breast Augmentation is generally a safe procedure for healthy people, but with any surgery, there are risks involved. Your chances of complications can decrease by choosing a plastic surgeon, and by following any pre-operative and post-operative instructions. General risks of breast augmentation may include:
- Poor scarring and poor healing
- Changes in nipple or breast sensation
- Rupture with deflation of saline-filled implants.
- Rupture with or without symptoms (silent rupture) of silicone gel-filled implant.
- Capsular contracture (scar tissue that forms around the implant and squeezes the implant)
- Adverse reaction to anesthesia
- Wrinkling or dimpling of the skin over the implant
- Breast pain
- Blood clots
- Fluid accumulation
- Deep vein thrombosis, cardiac and pulmonary complications
- The possibility of additional surgeries with or without removal of the implant
- Asymmetry of the breasts
In addition to the above risks, it is important to consider that breast implants do not last a lifetime. At some point, you will likely have to undergo another operation to either replace or remove your implants. Also, pregnancy, hormonal changes, and significant weight fluctuations may all influence the appearance of augmented breasts over time. Fortunately, you can have additional breast augmentations to restore a more youthful contour to breasts that have changed with time.
Your breast augmentation journey starts with scheduling a consultation with Dr. Ramirez Gavidia to learn all about your options.