The face is one of the most aesthetically complex regions of the body. Minute changes to a feature can have dramatic changes to your overall appearance. Buccal Fat Pad Reduction is a subtle procedure that can better sculpt and reshape the face. It takes a plastic surgeon with an artistic eye to hone the balance of your best aesthetic. Award-Winning, Top Doctor Dr. Ramirez Gavidia is experienced in executing various procedures with precision to give patients that subtle transformation they seek. Feel free to browse the various procedures RG Plastic Surgery offers to help you sculpt your most Aesthetic Face here in Nashville, Tennessee.
RG Buccal Fat Pad Removal/Extraction or Bichectomy
║ Buccal Fat Pad Reduction ║ Brow Lift ║ Cheek Implants ║ Chin Liposuction ║ Ear Surgery ║ Ear Lobe Repair ║ Eyelid Surgery ║ Facelift ║ Mini-Facelift ║ Neck Lift ║ Rhinoplasty ║
Dr. Ramirez Gavidia | Buccal Fat Removal/Extraction Nashville
Dr. Ramirez Gavidia most commonly performs what he calls the “RG Triple Threat;” a combination of buccal fat removal/or extraction, Neck/Chin VASER Liposuction, and strategic volume replacement (Facial Fillers). This integrative strategy helps resculpt the face to ideal contours. Dr. Ramirez Gavidia’s goal is to improve your proportions and balance to create harmonious aesthetic transitions of the upper face, mid-face, and lower face. This rejuvenating effect often starts by addressing the visual impact of the buccal fat pads.
THE BUCCAL FAT PAD REMOVAL SURGEON YOU WANT
Buccal fat pad removal is an intricate procedure that must be performed by an expert facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon. Dr. Ramirez Gavidia is a highly trained award-winning double-board certified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon [American Board of Plastic Surgery and American Board of Surgery]. He has performed hundreds of buccal fat pad removal surgeries; all with excellent outcomes. He cares about his patients, and makes it a point that they know he fully understands their aesthetic goals. Dr. Ramirez Gavidia is passionate about helping you achieve your aesthetic goals.
Executing the proper post-procedure process is critical to achieving the overall desired outcome. Dr. Ramirez Gavidia sets each of his patients up for success by helping them understand all aspects of this process; before undergoing surgery. He will review specific postoperative treatment instructions and will require you to schedule follow-up visits after the procedure to ensure your recovery stays on track.
BEFORE AND AFTER
DR. RAMIREZ GAVIDIA’S APPROACH: A Surgeon With An Artistic Eye
Dr. Ramriez Gavidia will perform this surgery using local anesthesia. He makes two incisions on the inside of cheeks, he will apply pressure to the cheeks so that he can extract the fat pads and then close up the incision with sutures. Dr. Ramirez Gavidia will go over recovery instructions in order to minimize discomfort. We like to compare this procedure to be as simple as a dental procedure.
The custom treatment plan for each patient begins with an extensive face and neck evaluation and surgical consultation appointment to establish realistic goals. Dr. Ramirez Gavidia will educate you on his Signature combination treatment plan (“RG Triple Threat“):
RG Triple Threat
- First, he conducts the Buccal Fat Pad Removal/Extraction Surgery and VASER Chin Liposuction in one procedure.
- He then follows up with a Dermal Filler; further contouring the face, improving structure and definition in the jawline, and creating an elegant-natural-youthful-looking V-shaped face everyone desires.
His multi-dimensional approach to facial surgery helps him create an overall more balanced, proportioned, and streamlined facial appearance in his patients.
The following are other popular pairings with buccal fat removal:
- Liposuction and Fillers: Liposuction contours the jawline, and removes stubborn fat under the chin. Cheek filler lifts the cheekbones. Combined with Buccal Fat Pad, the three procedures reshape the face for an elegant ogee curve.
- Renuvion J-Plasma: Addresses mild to moderate skin laxity in the neck in combination with liposuction to the lower face and chin to further improve results. Renuvion J-Plasma is our preferred add on with RG Buccal Fat Pad Removal + Chin Liposuction.
- Facelift: Rejuvenates the facial appearance and resculpt the face with buccal fat pad surgery.
- Blepharoplasty: Simultaneous attention to upper or lower eyelids will lift drooping eyelids or erase under-eye bags.
- Mid-Facelift: Address visible signs of aging in the lower eyelids and cheeks; complementing buccal fat removal.
- Neck Lift: Paired with buccal fat surgery will address the lower portion of the face; including the jowls and neck.
- Chin Augmentation (Mentoplasty): Creates a more balanced appearance. With buccal fat surgery, the result is a more proportional face.
║ FAQs ║
Ideal Candidates for buccal lipectomy are patients:
- Unhappy with their chubby or puffy cheeks
- With a convex (protruding) cheek appearance
- With prominent high cheekbones and excess fat under the cheekbones
- Interested in rejuvenating the overall appearance of their face
- Who have had a setback mandibuloplasty surgery to reduce the size of the chin or jaw (Since that procedure helps shorten the jaw, it can compress the mid-face tissues. As a result, chubby or puffy cheeks can form.)
Dr. Ramirez Gavidia will review several factors to consider before undergoing buccal fat pad removal surgery; during your consultation.
- Large Cheeks: Buccal fat pad removal contours a specific area of the cheeks. However, a person’s discontent with their cheeks is not always related to buccal fat pads. In some cases, an individual’s cheek appearance and size is not due to fat pads or over-developed muscles in the jaw rather the result of fat deposits.
- Downtime: Recovery from buccal fat pad removal is usually minimal. Final results fully mature, approximately, a few months post treatment.
The best age for buccal fat pad removal varies based on each patient. Dr. Ramirez Gavidia recommends the procedure; regardless of the patient’s age.
If he determines your risks in electing buccal fat pad removal surgery outweigh the benefits, Dr. Ramirez Gavidia will present alternative treatment options to still achieve the look you desire.
Cheek reduction surgery offers many benefits, including:
- More cheek definition
- Improved facial balance
- Rejuvenated facial shape
- Enhanced sculpted facial appearance
- Increased self-confidence
It’s possible for buccal fat removal to help patients enhance their smiles. Since this procedure treats chubby cheeks, it can help a patient to improve facial symmetry. It also helps patients present more balance in other facial features; including their smiles.
The cost of a buccal fat pad removal procedure varies depending on where the surgery is performed (in-office or the hospital) and whether it is performed in concert with other procedures. Other factors, identified during your consult, may also affect cost. Dr. Ramirez Gavidia will help you decide what is right for you and your aesthetic goals. A member of his staff will lay out the costs associated with buccal fat pad surgery and your recommended treatment plan at your consultation.
Dr. Ramirez Gaividia usually performs buccal fat pad removal as an in-office procedure with local anesthetic. Patients can return home the same day to start the recovery process. The procedure takes approximately 30 to 45 minutes to perform, unless combined with other facial rejuvenation procedures, the overall surgery time can be longer. Buccal fat pad removal is performed from inside the mouth [in the cheek area]; leaving no visible scarring. Dr. Ramirez Gavidia strategically and precisely removes the correct amount of the buccal fat pad through a small incision inside the mouth and places dissolvable sutures. The result is a sculpted, yet natural-looking facial appearance without any visible scars.
After buccal fat surgery, patients should expect some facial swelling and will leave the office wearing a facial wrap. The facial wrap is worn for 72 hours post op. The swelling will dissipate on its own within about two to three weeks. After the swelling resolves, the cheeks will start to look thinner and more contoured. Patients can expect about seven to 10 days for the tissues inside the mouth to recover following buccal fat pad removal. Patients are advised to maintain a soft diet the first day or two after surgery and are prescribed an oral rinse for after meals.
The results of buccal fat pad surgery start to become evident four weeks after removal with full results several months after swelling has subsided. Buccal fat pad removal results can vary patient to patient. Fluctuations in weight (gain or loss) after buccal fat pad removal will impact results. The natural aging process leads to skin laxity. Additionally, facial wrinkles and other skin issues can potentially affect the overall appearance after buccal fat pad removal. Dr. Ramirez Gavidia will explain realistic treatment expectations. In your consultation, he will be able to address how your long term results will be affected by normal aging.
Buccal Fat Pad Removal can slow down signs of facial aging by reducing fat in your cheeks that is weighing the face down. Dr. Ramirez Gavidia’s goal is to help you understand if you’re a candidate for buccal fat removal and to educate you about the short and long-term effects of this surgery.
Yes! Buccal fat pad removal produces a thinner, more contoured facial appearance. Dr. Ramirez Gavidia will do everything possible to produce a natural-looking, aesthetically attractive, post-surgery facial appearance.
While buccal fat pad removal surgery is a very safe procedure with a skilled surgeon such as Dr. Ramirez Gavidia, there is always some risk with any surgery.
The risks associated with buccal fat removal surgery include:
- Fluid accumulation
- Ongoing pain
Dr. Ramirez Gavidia explains buccal fat pad removal risks before surgery. He also takes the necessary precautions to minimize patient risk throughout buccal fat removal surgery.