Breast augmentation is surgery using breast implants to increase the size of the breasts. This surgery is also used to restore breast volume that has been lost after weight fluctuations or pregnancy. Breast augmentation can help patients realize a more rounded breast shape, increase natural breast size, and improve symmetry. Breast implants have helped countless patients become more confident by achieving the aesthetic appearance they desire.
Your breast augmentation procedure will be a comfortable, safe and rewarding experience from start to finish. Beginning with a consultation in our office in the Gulch, Nashville. Dr. Ramirez Gavidia’s primary goal is for each of his patients to have their new breasts looking as natural as possible. He continues to evolve his techniques to achieve the best results and uses the ideal implants suitable for your augmentation.
What is Breast Augmentation Surgery?
Over time, a woman’s breasts can naturally lose fullness. These changes can be attributed to a number of different causes, including genetics, natural aging, weight fluctuations, and childbirth. Many women are born with small or uneven breasts that leave them feeling self-conscious and less feminine. Fortunately, breast augmentation is a safe surgical procedure that can help correct these cosmetic issues and leave patients looking and feeling their best.
Breast augmentation surgery utilizes breast implants to improve both breast volume and symmetry. It can also be used to enhance the appearance and placement of the areola and nipples, providing patients with comprehensive, natural-looking breast correction.
What are the Benefits of Breast Augmentation?
The main advantage of breast augmentation is an improved appearance of your breasts. The appearance benefits can go far beyond just making the breast larger. Whether you are seeing volume loss due to aging, pregnancy, the effects of weight fluctuations or genetics, breast augmentation may be your solution to a more balanced figure.
Breast augmentation is not right for everyone, but if you feel your breasts are too small, are not the right shape, or don’t give you the look you want, it might be right for you. Choosing the right surgeon is the best way for you to achieve the results you seek.
Am I a good candidate for Breast Augmentation?
As this is a personal procedure, it is important to seek surgery for yourself and not for someone else. The best candidates should be in excellent physical and psychological health, yet unsatisfied with the appearance of their fully developed breasts. Patients may decide to go through breast augmentation for different reasons, including unequal breast size, genetic deformities, or a general unhappiness with the volume, size, and shape of their breasts. If you are considering a breast augmentation, having realistic expectations is also important.
Before undergoing a breast augmentation, interested patients should first schedule a consultation with Dr. Ramirez Gavidia. During this appointment, Dr. Ramirez Gavidia will examine the patient’s breasts, discuss cosmetic goals and medical history, and use this information to decide if a breast augmentation is right for the patient.
How is my consultation going to be?
Your breast augmentation consultation will be the first step in making the decision to enhance your body. Since this is a very personal decision, Dr. Ramírez Gavidia and the staff at RG Plastic Surgery will provide a comforting environment, where all of your concerns and questions will be discussed. During your consultation, photos will be taken and reviewed. Dr. Ramírez Gavidia will go over the options you have for breast augmentation, including implant placement options, types of implants, incision locations, and size. At this appointment Dr. Ramírez Gavidia will explain other procedures that may be necessary for your cosmetic goals. For example, a breast augmentation is often paired with a breast lift to correct issues related to sagging. Dr. Ramirez Gavidia will be able to let you know if this combination of breast augmentation and lift is the right approach to renew the look of your breasts.
During your consultation, your medical history will be reviewed to ensure that you don’t have any health conditions that may increase your risk of complications from surgery. You will be asked about any family history of breast cancer and the result of any recent mammograms and biopsies.
What makes a Breast Augmentation at RG Plastic Surgery different?
Our commitment to the highest standards and best surgical practices sets RG Plastic Surgery apart. The safest breast augmentation process possible is always our goal. These proven methods have revolutionized breast augmentation.
- Patient education is essential: Patients having a good understanding of the entire process, from realistic expectations to recovery, implant options, limitations, short and long term consequences, complications, and re-operation possibilities.
- Patient goals: Communication of surgery motivations, desired final look, and impact of future pregnancies.
- Thorough physical exam: 100% of women have breast asymmetry and this must be accounted for to attain superior results. Chest wall asymmetry must also be observed. The exam takes note of tissue quality, stretch marks, and essential breast measurements
- Tissue-based preoperative planning: Adhering to the physical template of your unique body measurements ensures a natural outcome and results in less tissue distortion, complications, and re-operation. Measurements and dimensions respect natural boundaries and determine optimal fill volume as well as an implant that “fits” the breast.
- Refined, precise surgical techniques for quick recovery starts with Dr. Ramirez Gavidia, a qualified board certified plastic surgeon. Preoperative markings determine the incision placement Dr. Ramirez Gavidia most often uses an inframammary incision, because it offers the most control, ability to manipulate and set IMF, and statistically has the least amount of complications, trauma, and contamination.
- Minimizing risks in the operating room: Preparation of the surgical pocket and irrigation is an essential step utilizing antimicrobial and antibiotic preparations that lowers the risk of biofilms further lowering the rate of capsular contracture.
- Use of Keller Funnel: This cone-shaped device is made of nylon with a hydrophilic coating inside the funnel which becomes extremely slippery when submerged in a saline or sterile solution. It looks like a piping bag in design, but utilizing it creates easier insertion of silicone implants and allows for smaller incisions. Most importantly it leads to decreased contact with the “no-touch” delivery technique. The less contact with the sterile implant and use of the Keller Funnel results in an 87% lower rate of capsular contracture.
Utilizing the practices listed ensures the best patient experience and results in maintaining the safest outcomes.